Fleet Driver Training
Here at LUV2DRV, working with our partners Big Red Fleet, the 0ccupational Road Safety specialists, we provide driver assessment and training and give driving lessons to meet the employer’s obligations under the Health and Safety at Work regulations.
If your company’s employees travel to complete their duties then the company owes them a duty of care to ensure their safety. If the means of travel is a motor vehicle, then your organisation needs to assess the risk of your drivers to ensure they comply with your driver training policy.
WHY HAVE AN ACTIVE RISK ASSESSMENT PROGRAMME?
Under the Health and Safety at Work Act all employers have a duty of care to their employees whilst the employees are at work, this includes driving (See the H&SE Leaflet “Driving at Work” for more information and to find out about your legal responsibility. Download from here.) In order to do this the company needs to assess the risk of each of area of activity that the employee is involved in. The company can then develop a driver training policy.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HAVING A DRIVER TRAINING POLICY?
- Reductions in fault blame collisions.
- Improved attendance of staff or key employees.
- A reduction in the cost of your fleet insurance premiums and fleet downtime.
- Improved staff morale as the company is investing in their future and therefore their welfare.
- By enhancing driver behaviour fuel consumption can be reduced.
- Reduced maintenance costs.
- By reducing collisions the likelihood of missing appointments/delivery times are improved.
- Arriving at destination less stressed and therefore ready effective working.
HAVING AN EFFECTIVE HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY FOR YOUR COMPANY DRIVERS HAS A POSITIVE EFFECT ON BUISNESS AND PROFITS.
- Improvements in employees welfare.
- Reduction in Fleet costs.
- Promotes a corporate responsibility image
Trials conducted by the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) during 2004 showed an 8.5% improvement in fuel efficiency for drivers on a set course after 2 hours of training
(Source: UKERC Sept 2006)
There are between 800 and 1000 UK road deaths per year involving vehicles being driven for work purposes, and there are over 77,000 injuries to employees every year as a result of ‘at work’ road accidents.”
(Source: Health and Safety Executive 2006)
“In the world of fleet, driver safety is particularly important, as research by the Transport Research Laboratory suggests that company car drivers have approximately 50% more crashes than ordinary drivers, even taking their higher mileage into account.” (Source: Fleet News Nov 2006)
Here at LUV2DRV we can provide solutions for your needs; our courses are tailored to your individual needs and requirements.
We can provide
- Driver assessments (1.5 hour per delegate).
- Driver vehicle checks assessment.
- Assessment with training and commentary drive. (1/2 day course 1 or 2 delegates).
- Safe and fuel efficiency courses (1day courses 2 delegates).
- Advance driver training courses.
- UK familiarisation courses.
- Van driver training
- Pre-employment driver assessments.
Training can be classroom or vehicle based provided by you or us